Friday, February 22, 2013

Long time... New beginnings...

Well... It has been a long time since I made a post. My life has changed dramatically. I am no longer married to the father of my two daughters. Long horrendous drawn out story. Basically everything I wanted to believe as truth was a lie. Enough with that. I am learning to carry on. I am slowly but surely carrying on and moving in a healthy and wonderful life. I am finally back in college. It happened about 4 years earlier than I expected. None the less, welcome to my life as a college student with two teenage daughters in high school and single mom. Oh yeah, and I work as an elementary art instructor. Whew! Life is starting to look up. College is going well. I made the Dean's list at Ashford University. That was a feat in itself. Juggling everything at times has looked a lot like a Tasmanian devil on the loose. But I have managed to do that all by myself as the girls father doesn't live in the state and when he visits it is only for a day or two at most. He has a life and she keeps him busy. Art is amazing at school. I took a course through www.deepspacesparkle.com to help organize many years of chaos. Thanks Patty Palmer! Your inspiration was a hit and the kids are having a blast. All 650+ of those little cuties. The teachers have had a new hope given to them in the introduction of new art projects to the students. Hopefully the school system will learn to recognize the art process as a necessary subject and can tie into curriculum as a reinforcement to the required subjects. Krystan is growing bigger all the time. I mean taller. Almost taller than I am and I am trying to catch up with her. Just keep stretching I tell myself this all the time. It has to work, RIGHT! She is taking a boat load of AP and Honors classes at Choctaw and loves hanging out with her friends. She will be 17 this year. WOW! She loves culinary and says that I can teach her classes because her teacher at school is retiring. She believes that culinary will be her life. I hope she loves it as much as I do. Olivia is 14 going on 40. She knows it all and constantly reminds me of how I need to chill! I am so very proud of her. She marched with the band at Choctaw this year. Go Stylemarchers! She now plays 3 instruments fluently. Oboe, Flute, and Piano. Yes, I was a crazy person and bought her an open-hole concert flute this year. I told her she has to keep playing it until her children are born and she has repaid her dues to me for this. We purchased three Kayaks this past summer to keep us on the water here in Florida. We love to snorkel and swim and beach comb. Two of the kayaks are one person sit on top sea kayaks. The other one is a Hobie that fits 3 small teenagers or two adults. It is great when you want to get in and out of the water but is a slow beast when you want to move fluently through the water. If you want an upper body workout this one is for you. Oh and I can stand and paddle it around. In January the, Ruby Bell, RV made it's way from Alabama to Florida. We have taken it on two weekend trips. We are having a blast in it. Last July, the nieces and nephews made it to Florida where we camped at the Ft. Benning MWR post in Destin, FL. A week of fun times and memories that cannot be erased. They have asked where we are going this year? I do not know yet. Hey 'Livi how is it gonna work with band camp and girls camp, etc. We will see! I have slowly but surely begun the battle to set up my sewing studio in the 4th bedroom off the Florida room. I need to start my creative side back up. I miss all of it. It was so much fun and I had a blast. The girls keep asking and all I can say is, SOON. Well maybe my creative kick will kick back in and all of my blogs will eventually meander into one big media hub. We will see! Until later...

No comments: