Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost (HD)

From time to time, I still personally struggle to find my place in the future as a single mom. There is inspiration that often finds me when I am not looking. I found this today as I was finding solace after Sacrament Meeting at church. My Olivia does not feel well and my first reaction is to contact her father and ask of his opinion and knowledge. In my quest to contact him I had to make a choice to inform him but not engage him in this daily decision. I believe I will always struggle with this as he left with errant ways. So my phone call was simple "Olivia is sick and has been for several days. I will probably take her to the E.R. if she still has a bad sinus headache this evening". This was my message that I left on his voice mail as he chooses to not engage in the lives of his children. So I sit next to Olivia we are on the computer reading and finding scripture to soothe my soul and to share together. We found a nice calming passage from The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost (1874-1963). We then went to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUaQgRiJukA and found it in a short video. The wonderful pictures of the fall season reminds us to savor the blessings and enjoy the many colors that are before our eyes. The urge to contact him has now surpassed. He missed another wonderful opportunity to be a part of our children's life, but that was his choice.

No comments: